SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery

Exceptional teaching, outstanding facilities, and wide-ranging academic and welfare support services are central to Global College Australasia’s educational philosophy.
You are here:

SIT40516 – Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery

CRICOS Course Code: 095989G (Cert III & Cert IV pathway)


This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.

Learning includes training in a classroom and learning at home.

  • 20 hours face-to-face training and assessment weekly at 176 Wellington St, Perth 6004
  • 10 hours self-study weekly
  • 48 complete service periods achieved at the work placement, which is broken down into 4 hours a week, commencing study period 1. The work placement exposes students to practical training in a real workplace. Students will need to take public transport to reach these facilities

Admission Requirements

  •  Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent
     IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent
     Applicants must be 18 years or above

Locations for Work Based Training

  • C Restaurant – 44 St George’s Terrace, Perth WA 6000
  • Bib & Tucker – 18 Leighton Beach Blvd, North Fremantle WA 6159
  • The Flour Factory – 16 Queen St, Perth WA 6000

Course Fees

  • Application Fee  $230.00 AUD
  • Resources Fee  $1,400 AUD
  • Tuition Fee        $13,500 AUD

CRICOS Course Code



73 weeks (14 weeks holidays)


Further Study Pathway

This qualification provides a pathway to the Diploma of Hospitality Management, which is reduced to a 26-week course if you have completed Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.


Intake Dates 2018

8 Jan, 29 Jan, 19 Feb, 2 Apr, 23 Apr, 14 May,
25 Jun, 16 Jul, 6 Aug, 17 Sept, 8 Oct, 29 Oct

Please note that overseas health cover (OSHC) is compulsory for students on a student visa. We can assist you in obtaining this health cover through Bupa or other providers.

All fees quoted are in Australian Dollars (AUD). Payments are made in instalments.